Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman
Bae

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Optician

Duties and Responsibilities: An optician is a technical practitioner who designs, fits and dispenses corrective lenses for the correction of a person's vision. Opticians determine the specifications of various ophthalmic appliances that will give the necessary correction to a person's eyesight. Some registered or licensed opticians also design and fit special appliances to correct cosmetic, traumatic or anatomical defects. These devices are called shells or artificial eyes. Other registered or licensed opticians manufacture lenses to their own specifications and design and manufacture spectacle frames and other devices.

Salary: $21,290 - $54,490

Education: High school diploma with on-the-job training or apprenticeship; or certificate, associate's degree or bachelor's degree. Other requirements consist of a State license and/or certification.

Add Picture:










Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?


I don’t think that I would like to be an optician because I don’t necessarily find it to be of my interest. I do think that it is a pretty awesome career and although I do want to go into the medical field, I simply prefer not to go into that particular area. I wouldn’t want to be an optician because I would like to be a registered nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment