Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman
Bae

Friday, December 18, 2015

Final: Part 1 of 2 Class/Self Evaluation

Some things that I liked about this class were the student success statements that Mr. Haymore would show us. Writing the reflections on them wasn't always my favorite thing to do because I didn't always agree with the statements; however; I did like the fact that many of the statements made me realize a lot of things. For example, there was this one quote that said "it's better to be alone than with bad company," the person was anonymous because no one knows exactly where that saying comes from or who was the first person to say it. The reason I liked this quote and why it was so easy for me to talk about it and relate to it was because I had already heard of it and from the moment I began to take into consideration what its actual meaning was, I began to live by it.

A few things that I didn't like about this class, although they are very useful skills in life, were the typing tutor sessions we had at the beginning and sometimes during class. I found it to be a waste of time because of the simple fact that I do not like typing. I like writing a lot and talking abut things, I just do not like to type. I don't have a particular reason for it either. Anyway I know typing is essential in many ways, but I'm more of an artistic and creative person, or at least I like to think of myself that way. Regardless, the point I'm trying to make is that rather than typing, I would prefer to just write things out myself. Despite the fact that I don't have the best handwriting. I have come to the conclusion that typing properly just isn't for me. I don't mind typing, even though I don't like it. I just like doing things my own way even if there is better ways of doing something. So I guess that it's not that I don't like typing in general, I just don't like to type properly without looking at the keys and looking only at the screen.

A couple of suggestions for improving this course would be to talk and include more of what kids or early adolescents nowadays are into. For example, incorporating trending things might get them more interested in the class.

I like to believe that I do my best in everything I do regardless if I want to do it or not. This is because The other day I ran into a speech that Steve Jobs did a while ago and in that speech, Jobs talks about how it is important to follow your heart and dreams and whatnot. In his speech he also talked about how he began living everyday as if it were his last by asking himself every morning if today was his last day, would he be happy with what he'd be doing that day? or something like that. The point is that he made me think about that and so from then on I decided to do my very best in everything that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment