Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman
Bae

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now. Write down what you want most and see it often." - Peter Vidmar

This quote really inspires me to keep fighting in order to reach my goals. I'm not the best academic student, however I wouldn't consider myself being the worst either. I have made many mistakes (many of which I regret) throughout my high school years. I sometimes sit on my bed and reminisce about the things I've done and about all the things I should've done instead, but many times all I end up doing is putting myself down. Nowadays when I do think about the mistakes I've made I encourage myself to continue to amend them so that one day I could achieve my goals of going to a good university and becoming the person I've always dreamed of being. I want to live a good life and in order to do so I have to get a good education so that I could get a good, well-paying job in the career of my choice.  I don't want to continue to live the way I am living right now, when I'm older. Sure there's a roof over my head, food for me to eat, and clothes for me to wear, but why should I settle for this knowing that out there is something far much better out in the world. I think a lot about how it isn't fair that my parents won't let me go out and spend some time with my friends, but that's only what I care about in that moment. I never stop to think about how that might affect me in the long run which is why this quote has made realize that I need to focus more on my future and how I would like to enjoy my future rather than having a good time now and suffering later on.


Peter Vidmar

No comments:

Post a Comment